What is the difference between IPL and Laser?

The key difference between the two treatments is that IPL uses a broad spectrum of high intensity light, which is emitted at multiple wavelengths. Laser hair removal emits a single focussed and precise wavelength, which is optimised for maximum follicle absorption.

How does It work?

Pulses of light are absorbed by the melanin in the hair, the melanin converts the light into heat which kills the follicle. Killing the hair follicle will ensure any hair is unable to re grow.

Will Laser Hair removal permanently remove my hair?

Laser hair removal permanently reduces your hair. It will remove at least 80% of hair. In some people it will remove 95% and in others 100%. The results are individual to each person, however 80% is guaranteed and you will find that the remaining 20% of hair, that may grow back, will be finer and lighter (fluff like). You will find this is the case with all laser hair removal treatment as it is all hormone related.

How many sessions will I need?

We recommend that most people will need at least 8 sessions to permanently reduce the hair, however please note that this will differ due to hormones. Everyones results are individual. Yearly top ups (1/2 sessions) may also be required to keep any stray hairs at bay.

How long do I leave in between treatments?

We recommend that you leave 6 weeks in between each treatment, this is because the treatment is only effective on the growing hairs as they are currently attached to the hair follicle. The majority of hair will be at the resting stage (not attached to the follicle) but still in the skin, so by leaving 6 weeks in between treatments, this will allow for all hairs to be captured in the growth stage in the desired treatment area.

Will it hurt?

Our laser uses the latest Crystal Freeze cooling technology which reduces any pain by up to 80%. Most clients will experience a warm tingling sensation throughout their treatments and we always ensure our clients feel comfortable during their laser hair removal sessions.

Does the Laser treatment work on lighter or red hairs?

For all lighter hair types (white, blonde, red or grey) we find the treatment will be less effective as they have less melanin, which means that less heat will be absorbed so we cannot guarantee destruction of the hair in the follicle. We are always completely honest with client expectations, some lighter haired clients do achieve results, but it can be a longer process.

Can you have Laser Hair removal whilst pregnant?

No. As the treatment is hormone related, you will need to wait at least 3 months post pregnancy to allow for your hormones to regulate. You also cannot have the treatment whilst breastfeeding.